Who is a student member of the QCBS?You are a student member if you are currently a graduate student or postdoc, your supervisor or co-supervisor is a member of the QCBS , and you have a QCBS profile page. Research staff and undergraduate students who are actively working in the lab of a member can also become members. See if your supervisor is in the list of regular members here
How can I be added to the QCBS database as a STUDENT member, to my supervisor’s profile page, and obtain my own student profile page?
You simply need to fill the form below. We will confirm your submission shortly. Please fill the password recovery form if you have forgotten your existing QCBS ID and/or password.
As a student member of the QCBS, what resources can I access?
- Funding to participate in conferences or training activities
- Participation in seed grants and working groups
- Participation in the QCBS annual symposium at a reduced rate
- Participation in training workshops offered by research professionals or QCBS students for free or for a very low price
- Intensive courses offered by QCBS researchers
I have a QCBS profile, but I forgot my QCBS ID or password. How can I retrieve them?
Simply visit this page and enter the email address you used to create your profile. If you don’t receive the email with the details, please check your spam folder.
How can I be removed from the QCBS database and website?
Simply enter your student profile form and click the box at the bottom that specifies that you want your information removed from the website.
How can I add a new job post form
How do I become a member of the QCBS AS A REGULAR RESEARCHER?
Send the following information to the QCBS Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A request letter, including a description of your research and how it relates to one or more of the QCBS’s four biodiversity science research axes
- A current CV
- A letter of support from a member of the QCBS
Your application will be evaluated by the QCBS Scientific Council.
Note: To become a QCBS member, you must have the status of researcher (PhD CE, CHU, CHA or CHG status).
As a member of the QCBS, what resources can I access?
- Research funding through seed grants, working groups and the symposium and workshop series grant
- Assistance from QCBS research professionals to develop collaborative biodiversity science research
- For your students: funding through excellence awards, intensive course award, etc.
- QCBS research network (list of members)
- Free participation in training workshops (both for you and your students)
How do I update my QCBS profile and my list of students?
- This can be done easily through the Member Access area.
- Note that it is very important to specify when each student finishes their program of study, and to update the info if it changes.
- Publication lists should be updated automatically, but if you see anything that is missing, please send the info to email@example.com
How can I contribute to activities of the QCBS?
- Send in your news to Helen Elina
- Send us announcements for job opportunities and internships
- Send us announcements about biodiversity science events
- Contribute to the QCBS blog Le Beagle
- Attend or participate in the QCBS annual symposium
- Join the QCBS Facebook group
- Join an existing working group or seed grant.