This year again we are organizing the QCBS photo contest that will take place during the symposium in December! It’s time to share beautiful pictures taken during your hard work, and have a chance to win one of our sweet photo-contest prizes.
What is your research about? What unforgettable moments have you experienced on your educational journey? What did you discover? Time to dig through your photo archives so that you can share your story with us.
Prizes will be awarded for the top photo of each of these 3 categories:
- Nature: from micro to macro, show us the beauty of your system!
- At work: on your computer or in the field, show us what you do!
- Social life: Show us who enriched your life or work, whether it was unexpected research partners in an exotic land or your colleague in the next office over.
We are looking for submissions related to your past or present research.
- Deadline to submit photos is Wednesday, November 29th at at 11:59 pm.
- All submissions must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants may submit only one picture for each category.
- An original title as well as a short caption (50 words or less, English or French) must accompany every pictures presented.
- A selection of the best pictures will be displayed and voted on at the QCBS annual symposium on December 10-12th, 2018to select the winners of each category.
- This year the contest is anonymous. Only the title and caption will be displayed with the picture. Name of the winners will be announced at the end of the symposium.
- The contest is open to all QCBS students (undergraduate and graduate) and post-docs. We ask that the photos from the contest can be re used for QCBS website, newsletter or other media, with proper attribution. If you agree with this, please fill out the form “photo release form” and send it to us with your photos.