Advanced open source tools for spatial analysis
Sunday, April 16 2017 09:30AM-04:30PM
McGill University - Stewart Biology Building - Room S3/4
Language of the workshop: English
This workshop will demonstrate the possibilities for the integration of different open source platforms for spatial analysis. A basic introduction to PostGIS will be provided, as well as the new SF and Stars packages in R and the Processing platform in QGIS. Then, different possibilities for interactions between the various platforms will be discussed and shown.
- Basics and advantages of PostGIS
- Using PostGIS in QGIS
- Using PostGIS, QGIS, GDAL and GRASS within QGIS
- Using the SF and STARS packages in R.
- Processing toolbox in QGIS. How to use R, GRASS and SAGA within QGIS
- Graphical modeling in QGIS
Basic knowledge of GIS, R and SQL is recommended, but not mandatory, prior to attending this workshop. The workshop is FREE for QCBS members. Non-members will be required to pay a registration fee (50$ for students and NGOs, 100$ for others) prior to attending the workshop.