Introduction to Geographic Information Systems with QGIS
Tuesday, October 27 2020 01:00PM-04:00PM to Wednesday 28 October 2020 13:00-16:00
Language of the workshop: Français
Members of the QCBS, properly registered on the QCBS website, can attend this workshop free of charge. For more information, please contact Guillaume Larocque.
Topics that will be covered during the workshop:
- Basic concepts in geographic information systems.
- Reference systems.
- Vector and raster analysis.
- Strengths and weaknesses of QGIS. When (not) to use it.
- Installation of QGIS.
- Basics of QGIS: importing maps, digitizing, vector capabilities, raster capabilities, database management, extensions.
- Basic exercise showing the use of QGIS for data analysis.
- Spatial queries.
- Vector-raster conversion.
Instructions for participants
- No prior knowledge of GIS is required to attend this workshop.