Time and Date
Workshop in English
April 27 2018 from 8:30 to 17:00
Workshop in French
May 2nd 2018 from 8:30 to 17:00
April 27th (ENG): McGill University, Stewart Biology Building. Room S3/3
May 2nd (FR): McGill University, Stewart Biology Building. Room N2/2
A training workshop aiming to
- Familiarize students and researchers of the Quebec Center for Biodiversity Science with the concept of creating value by placing the exploration and validation phases in importance according to the business model matrix;
- Offer an opening to the world of entrepreneurship in Quebec;
- Promote a common and uniform language among students, researchers, entrepreneurs and other socio-economic development actors and entrepreneurs.
What is business model
The Business Model Canvas is the logic by which an entrepreneur creates and delivers value to one or more customer segments to generate profitable, sustainable and scalable revenue.
This workshop offers participants a better transition between the business idea and the business plan. The general objective of the business model is to motivate the entrepreneur to engage in a dialogue with his environment to test all of his assumptions from the 9 blocks of the Business Model Canvas.
- Discover a business model and various visual tools facilitating the description, the questioning and the framing of a business idea;
- The implementation of this innovative approach between students and researchers at the Quebec Center for Biodiversity Science.
Introduction to entrepreneurship and to Business model
|8:30-9:30||Introduction to the world of entrepreneurship|
|9:30-10:45||Introduction to the canevas
Explore the business model canvas
Understand the mechanism beyond the 9 business model sections
|11:00-12:00||Introduction to canvas
Understanding innovation in business models looking at case studies
Understanding basic rules around constructing a business model
|12:00-13:00||Lunch – Included with registration|
Elaborate a business model based on a business idea
Build business model prototypes
How to validate a business model
Analyze and present a business model
General feed-back and evaluation of the training session by participants