Please send QCBS a single PDF file with all of the application sections. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Your application package should be 6 pages long, not including university transcripts. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
BSD Awards for undergraduate students applications must contain the following items:
Cover letter (maximum 1 page)
Make sure your cover letter includes the following information: First and last name, academic institution, Personal Identification number (PIN, to be obtained from https://www.fqr.gouv.qc.ca/pls/cv/NIP.ins?pOrg=NT), email address, name of your graduate program. Your letter should be short and provide a summary of the accompanying documentation.
Applicants should provide scanned or electronic versions of up to date transcript(s) of university grades. Transcripts can be included as part of the PDF file.
CV (1 to 3 pages)
Note that CVs of award recipients will be posted on the QCBS website. Your CV should follow the following format:
- A contact section including your academic institution logo, a photo of yourself, and the name of the internship supervisor
- An education section including your past and present education programs with dates attended
- A research section briefly describing your research project
- A publication section (if applicable)
Description of project (maximum ½ page)
Please indicate the title of the internship research project, even if preliminary. Briefly describe how the award will help you achieve your research goals and contribute to you professional development. Please include latitude/longitude coordinates (6 decimal degrees) for the place the award will be used.
Relevance to QCBS research program (maximum ½ page)
Briefly describe how your work relates to the QCBS research structure (axes and themes).
Use of funds (maximum 1 page)
Briefly explain why you are you requesting an award to participate in the QCBS research program, provide the following information
- Project title
- Name of institution offering training/internship
- Location of training/internship
- Date and duration of training/internship
- For training workshop, provide overview of course material
- For internship, provide details about lab and supervisor, including contact information
- Description of why this project is being conducted at this institutions
Estimated budget (maximum 1 page)
The budget should be a table showing all the costs of the project for which you are applying for funding. Please use the following table as a template.
Cost per unit
Number of units
Amount requested from QCBS
Other funding sources (one column per funding source)
Support letter from the researcher supporting your internship
The letter of support from your internship supervisor is a very important part of the application. The selection jury needs to verify that the internship supervisor strongly supports the proposed project.
Please include a photograph of yourself for the QCBS website as a separate file (.jpg or .bmp preferred).