Introducing the QCBS annual photo contest! You have a chance to share beautiful pictures taken during your hard work, and you have a chance to win one of our sweet photo-contest prizes.
Deadline : November 30, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Who can participate?
The contest is open to all QCBS students (undegraduate and graduate) and post-docs registered in the 2014 QCBS annual symposium.
Rules and regulations
The pictures should be derived from a research project in which you have participated or that is currently underway. They can be modified with an image editing software, but the composition and scientific content must remain intact.
The images submitted will be competing in one of these three categories:
- At work: On your computer or in the field, show us what you do!
- Nature: From micro to macro, show us the beauty of your system!
- Social life: Show us who enriched your life or work, whether it was unexpected research partners in an exotic land or your colleague in the next office over.
Participants may submit one picture in each category. An original title, as well as a short caption (100 words or less in English and in French) must accompany every picture presented. By submitting a photo, you accept that it may be posted at the 2014 QCBS symposium, posted on the QCBS website, or the QCBS Newsletter, with proper source attribution, but at no charge.
A selection of the best pictures will be exposed at the QCBS annual symposium on December 10, 11 and 12 to select the winners of each category, and the winners will be determined by a popular vote. Prizes will be awarded for the top photo of each of the three categories. Evaluation criteria are: originality, technical quality and scientific interest of the picture.
Sponsored by The Naturalist
- At work: Field equipment (e.g. Rite in the Rain) (Value: $200)
- Nature: Vortex Crossfire binocular (Value: $200)
- Social life: An astronomy telescope and star finder (Value: $200)
How to participate?
To participate, send your pictures to Thais Bernos at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write “Photography contest 2014” in the subject line of your email. Also, make sure to include your full name, research institution, the title of the image and its description in both English and French.