- QCBS 2017 R Symposium Registration
- Biodiversity Courses
- Intensive courses
- Biodiversity Science Intensive Course
- International course on Functional Traits – 2016
- Modelling Techniques in Ecology
- Path analysis in ecology
- QCBS Workshops
- QCBS R Workshop Series
Modelling Techniques in Ecology
The fifth edition of the FCM Summer School on modelling techniques of ecological ecosystems will be offered on May 16 to 20, 2016. Training will be given at the Laurentian Biology Station (Université de Montréal, St-Hippolyte, about one hour away from Montreal by car). A dozen of professors and partners will give lectures and workshops addressing issues related to forest ecology, complexity and modelling.
Click to see the preliminary schedule
Costs will be largely covered by the program for students (accommodation and meals). No contribution is requested from undergrad students. M.Sc. and Ph.D. students enrolled in a Quebec university (including foreign students that do not pay increased tuition fees) MUST register to BIO864C to participate to the Summer School (see below).
To be fair to all, students enrolled in universities outside Québec and foreign students enrolled in Quebec universities that pay increased tuition fees can 1- Attempt to get 1 credit by their respective university for this training or 2- Not register to the 1 credit course but pay a CAN$ 100 contribution upon arrival, by check. This also applies to postdoctoral fellows.
This summer school is a 1 credit course. The course is entitled « BIO864C École en modélisation de la complexité de la forêt » and is given by the Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences biologiques. The evaluation will be based on active participation. As the content is different every year, it will be possible to register to the 1 credit summer school more than once in the future.
- UQAM students must contact their “agent de gestion des études”.
- Students from other universities in Quebec must register through an agreement between Quebec universities by the Bureau de Coopération Interuniversitaire. They will pay 1 credit according to the rate of their university. This procedure should be initiated as soon as possible.
- Students enrolled in universities outside Québec and foreign students enrolled in Quebec universities that pay increased tuition fees can also register to the 1 credit course, but registration costs will be higher.
In all cases, you must register with the FCM program by completing the registration form. Deadline: April 22, 2016.
Note to all non-scholarship students: Because space may be limited, please send a letter detailing the relevance of this Summer School in your academic progression to the program coordinator. You will receive a confirmation of your inscription after the deadline if there is still enough room for accommodation.
Note to FCM scholarship students: Transportation costs will be refunded by the FCM program.