- QCBS members’ FAQ and guide
- QCBS Password Recovery
- QCBS research funding
- Student grants
- Other research funding opportunities
- Research professionals
- QCBS infrastructure
- Student Networking Platform
- QCBS meeting room
- Other biodiversity networks
- More biodiversity links
Research professional: Guillaume Larocque, PhD
I specialize in spatial and statistical analysis in landscape and forest ecology, wildlife ecology, and agronomy. I have keen interests in several areas of research pertaining to biodiversity science and I am passionate about the integration of theory and practice to address the challenge of balancing human well-being and ecosystem integrity. As a research associate at McGill University, I have participated in a number of projects on remote sensing, geostatistics, computer programming, animal movement analysis, spatial analysis of insect pests and time series forecasting. I hold a B.Sc. in wildlife biology and a PhD in biostatistics and forest ecology from McGill University. My doctoral research focused on the development and use of methods for multi-scale analysis in ecology.
I am available to work with QCBS researchers on activities such as:
- facilitating the planning and implementation of collaborative research.
- research on axis 2 themes, e.g. role of biodiversity in ecosystem functioning, data management, adaptation in response to environmental change, causes of biodiversity change, ecosystem services.
- data integration and management.
- database development.
- GIS-based research and analysis, remote sensing.
- statistical analysis (mixed models, multivariate analysis, spatial analysis, etc.).
- web development. Interactive web graphics and mapping.
- R programming.
Please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (514) 398-8719