The international internships of the Fonds québécois de la recherche sur la nature et les technologies (FRQNT) aim to foster the international mobility of master’s and doctoral students whose research activities align with the scientific program of a strategic research network such as the QCBS. The awards are available to M.Sc. and Ph.D. students wishing to participate in an international internship.
The FRQNT internships is available to Canadian citizen or permanent resident or foreign student. Up to date 10 QCBS students were allocated a total of $88,028 for international internships via the QCBS. QCBS researchers’ students are invited to submit applications for the FRQNT international internship program. Learn more about this opportunity in the guidelines provided by FRQNT. For any additional information, contact Philippe Auzel.
A – For students registred in a Québec University
• Be canadian citizen, permanent resident or foreign student;
• Be registered to a master or Ph.D. program in a Québec university;
• Be a member of the QCBS.
B – For students outside Quebec
• Be registered in an University outside Québec;
• Should not be registered as co supervised by a member of a Quebéc university;
• Should do the internship with QCBS a researcher
TERMS OF THE AWARD
- Amount of the grant: maximum of $15,000 with subsistence fees, which cannot go beyond $2,500 per month
- Duration of the internship: 2 to 12 months
- Priority countries and regions: Germany, Brazil, China, United States of America, Flanders, France India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, United Kingdom, and Wallonia – Bruxelles. The internships may also take place as part of existing multilateral projects or the European Union’s 6th or 7thFramework Program.
- End of FRQNT call for 2013-2014: March 31, 2014
- Application to QCBS: the sooner the better
- Submission of applications to QCBS: the sooner the better and any time before March 31, 2014 for the actual call (it is however possible that the budgets will be fully used before this date)
- Application to submit for QCBS review: an application letter explaining how your research project fits in QCBS research program (3 axis) and how this internship will contribute to your academic training, an updated CV mentioning your NIP, your last transcripts - unofficial documents – and a support letter from your advisor
- Evaluation of proposals according to FRQNT guidelines
- FRQNT evaluation of applications and decisions announced to research networks about applications funded