The international internships of the Fonds québécois de la recherche sur la nature et les technologies (FRQNT) aim to foster the international mobility of master’s and doctoral students whose research activities align with the scientific program of a strategic research network such as the QCBS. The awards are available to M.Sc. and Ph.D. students wishing to participate in an international internship.
Up to date the QCBS students were allocated a total of $88,028 for international internships via the QCBS.
QCBS researchers’ students are invited to submit applications for the FRQNT international internship program.
Learn more about this opportunity in the guidelines provided by FRQNT.
For any additional information, contact Philippe Auzel.
- For internships outside of Quebec:
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Quebec resident for at least one year
- Holder of a valid health insurance card from Quebec
- As of 2011, a researcher can host a non-Quebec student registered in a university outside of Quebec. For these students, FRQNT will reimburse travel and living expenses.
TERMS OF THE AWARD
- Amount of the grant: maximum of $15,000 with subsistence fees, which cannot go beyond $2,500 per month
- Duration of the internship: 2 to 12 months
- Priority countries and regions: Germany, Brazil, China, United States of America, Flanders, France India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, United Kingdom, and Wallonia – Bruxelles. The internships may also take place as part of existing multilateral projects or the European Union’s 6th or 7thFramework Program.
- End of FRQNT call: March 31, 2013
- Application to QCBS: any time in the FRQNT time frame
- Submission of applications to QCBS: any time before March 31
- Application to submit for QCBS review: an application letter explaining how your research project fits in QCBS research program (3 axis) and how this internship will contribute to your academic training, an updated CV mentioning your NIP, your last transcripts - unofficial documents – and a support letter from your advisor
- Evaluation of proposals according to FRQNT guidelines
- FRQNT evaluation of applications and decisions announced to research networks about applications funded