***Deadline: April 1st***
- Applicants are limited to one award
- Only successful candidates will be notified.
- Applications received outside deadlines will not be considered except for exceptional circumstances.
- Awards can be combined with other awards if allowed by the other funding sources.
Amounts of funding: Between $500 and $1,500 CAD per award. Between 15 to 30 awards are available per year.
Appropriate research activities for the BSD Award
The following research activities are considered appropriate for funding. The research should be closely linked to the research axes and themes of the QCBS.
- Laboratory or field data collection through experiments or surveys.
- Literature reviews or meta-analyses.
- Remote sensing or geographic information systems approaches to data collection and analysis.
- Theoretical research involving mathematical analysis or computer simulation.
- Active and full time undergraduate student enrolled in one of the QCBS partner universities
- Supervised by a member of the QCBS
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident at time of application for the award
The application must contain the following:
- Cover letter with applicant’s contact information
- Up to date transcript(s)
- Applicant’s CV (recipients’ CVs will be posted on the QCBS website)
- Brief explanation of student research and relation to QCBS research axes and themes and of proposed use of funds (one page, or ~400 words maximum)
- Detailed budget indicating proportion of total budget requested as QCBS award.
- Recommendation letter written by the proposed internship supervisor
Detailed application guidelines can be found here.
A multi-institution QCBS committee will evaluate applications using the following criteria:
- Application completeness (includes the following six documents: cover letter, transcript(s), CV, brief explanation, budget, recommendation letter)
- Student’s eligibility for BSD awards;
- University transcript(s)
- Relevance of academic project to the QCBS research program
- Feasibility of proposed activity
- Innovative and collaborative nature of the project
- Adequacy of activity and request for funds
1 application deadline per year
- Period covered : April to August
- Application deadline: April 1st
- Decision: Beginning of May
- Award recipients will make their association with QCBS visible on their documents and presentations.
- Award recipients will allow QCBS to post information about his/her work on QCBS website, in accordance with publication regulations and policies.
- Award recipients will produce a short technical and financial report, and send the report to QCBS within 2 months of the completed activity. Unused funds will be returned to QCBS after the above-determined date.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to Philippe Auzel at firstname.lastname@example.org.