Objective: To ensure the participation of QCBS students and postdocs from all partner universities in the QCBS annual symposium.
Eligibility: To be eligible for travel grants, the applicant must:
- be a master’s student, a doctoral student or a postdoctoral fellow;
- be a QCBS member;
- be registered for the QCBS symposium;
- submit an abstract for a poster, oral presentation, or speed talk;
- be first author of the presentation;
- obtain a reasonable financial contribution from other sources such as a supervisor or an academic unit.
Conditions of grants: The travel grants can be used only to pay the costs of travel to attend the QCBS symposium: i.e transportation and hotel. Other travel expenses are not eligible for this grant (e.g. symposium registration fee or per diem) .
The amount rewarded can reach a maximum of $250.
Deadline: same as abstract submission deadline
- Eligible QCBS members can apply for travel grants through the online registration form.
- A reference letter from the supervisor is requested and has to be uploaded (Word or PDF electronic document) during the online registration process.
- The QCBS will send a decision letter (acceptance or refusal) to the student or postdoc prior to the symposium.
- Upon returning from the symposium, recipients of travel grant awards need to complete a “Request for expense reimbursement” form and return it with the original receipts to the QCBS.
Questions: Direct questions about travel grants to Philippe Auzel.