This year, the QCBS aims at organizing a Symposium as sustainable as possible.
Why a more sustainable event?
According to the Conseil québécois des événements écoresponsables, a typical conference participant:
- produces 5 times the amount of garbage than usual.
- produces as much greenhouse gases emissions than a one-month car use
How the QCBS helps?
This Conseil québécois des événements écoresponsables published a guide for event organizers, and the QCBS is taking some initiatives to reduce its ecological footprint.
- Reduction of the amount of printed material;
- Use of recycled paper;
- Distribution of surplus food;
- Caterer service that uses a good proportion of food from local production;
- Surveys to participant to calculate the amount of CO2 released during the transportation of participants to and from the site (public transport suggestions to get to the site)
How you can help?
- Use public transportation to get to the Symposium (suggestions to get to the site);
- Bring your own mug for your beverages;
- Place your garbage in the appropriate bins;
- Answer to the survey