The QCBS is part of several research initiatives on biodiversity science for business. Past and future events are listed below.
2012 Workshop on Economy, society and biodiversity: Integrating Biodiversity and ecological services in organizations strategy
December 12, 2012 at the Coeur des sciences de l’UQAM, Montréal, Québec, Canada. For more information…
Under the honorary presidency of Dr. Braulio Ferreira de Souza Dias, Convention on Biological Diversity Executive Secretary(CBD)
Co-organized by the QCBS and the Biodiversity section of Reseau Environnement under the scientifique direction of Prof. Jean Pierre Reveret, École des sciences de la gestion, UQAM, Co titulaire de la Chaire internationale sur le cycle de vie
If you are interested by the presentations, you can view the slides on this page…
2011 Workshop on Economy, society and biodiversity: from BES dependancy to BES opportunities
7 December 2011, Montréal, Québec, Canada
Organized by the QCBS. To know more about the program,…
The workshop of December 7, 2011, organized by the QCBS biodiversity Platform and its partners, is the first edition of an open forum to establish a dialogue on biodiversity issues.
The objectives of this workshop are the following:
- Examine issues related to biodiversity and ecological services for businesses, municipalities and organizations and citizens
- Present a review of strategies and tools available to conserve biodiversity and maintain ecological services
- Review the development of new tools to conserve biodiversity and maintain ecological servicesThe four sections of the workshop will consist of two presentations with, each time concurrent visions on global or theoretical issues confronted with the practical experiences presented by the companies. At the end of the workshop, during networking lunch, there will be exchanges with PBBEQ partners and representatives of businesses, municipalities and organizations for the Phase II of the project during which one the pilot companies will conduct self diagnosis of impacts and interdependencies to biodiversity and ecological services.
Workshop on biodiversity for businesses in Québec
March18, 2011, Montréal, Québec, Canada
This workshop was organized by the Canadian Business and Biodiversity Council, the Conseil patronal de l’environnement du Québec, the Ministère du Développement durable, de l’Environnement et des Parcs du Québec, the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity, and the Québec Centre for Biodiversity Science. A small group of representatives of Québec companies were invited to this workshop to learn more about the development of tools and available techniques for Québec companies to identify the risks and opportunities associated with conserving biodiversity and maintaining ecosystem services. Meeting presentations:
- Biodiversity: analysis of risks and opportunities for businesses (in French)
- Linking biodiversity and businesses in Canada (in French)
- Towards biodiversity assessments for business: developing a coordinated approach in Québec (in French)